Eastminster Child Development Center is dedicated to providing a positive, caring environment for children, their families, and its staff. At Eastminster, we believe that children learn best through play and hands-on experience. Therefore, the program is designed to provide children with a variety of individual and group experiences aimed at developing children’s independence, creativity, and positive self-esteem.
We believe that diversity makes a richer program and encourages acceptance of individual differences. Eastminster does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, special need, ethnic background, national origin, sexual orientation, or age.
Goals and Objectives
- To provide high quality early childhood education and care.
- By utilizing a curriculum that focuses on the whole child and reflects an understanding of children as individuals.
- By teaching positive, non-violent means of conflict resolution.
- By creating an atmosphere of respect for self, others, and the environment.
- To develop a comprehensive program which serves as a model in our community.
- By promoting community awareness of child and family issues.
- To provide an inclusive environment that celebrates individual differences and enhances each child’s sense of self-esteem.
- By fostering opportunities for self-expression through language, dramatic play, art, and music activities.
- By promoting successful inclusion of children with disabilities.